Sonos is one of the leading brands in . All of its products are packed with smart features that are aimed to deliver a modern listening experience to its users. This modern experience includes the use of technologies.
Top Rated Features of Sonos Controller App and WIFI Speakers:
- Smart AI assistants
- Wireless streaming
- Multiroom connectivity
All these technologies provide a surreal experience to the users. Sonos is considered the founder of such advanced speakers. One major component of this tech-filled experience is the Sonos app that lets the user control everything about their devices.
Sonos Controller App Compatible Devices
The Sonos controller app is compatible with the new generation of Sonos Wi-Fi smart speakers. These speakers include the , Sonos One SL, Sonos Move, and Sonos Five. The app also supports connectivity with the new generation Sonos Sub. All of these speakers and Subs have smart features that can be controlled using the Sonos Controller app.
Sonos Home Theater Products
Sonos is well known for its variety of home theater devices like the Sonos Beams, Sonos Playbars, Sonos Playbase, and Sonos Arcs. These home theater devices are made smart by adding voice assistants and other smart features. All of these features along with connectivity options can be accessed through the Sonos Controller app.
Sonos has developed a range of components like the Sonos Port and Sonos Amp that serve different purposes in the Sonos echo system. These devices are usually used to expand the Sonos sound systems to different rooms of the house. Mostly their job is related to connectivity of Sonos speakers and Home theater devices. These component devices can be linked with the Sonos controller app to tweak different settings.
- Sonos One
- Sonos Arc
- Sonos Move
- Sonos Bar
This app is available for both Android and iOS devices. First of all, this app pairs your Sonos device with a smartphone. After this pairing, every feature of the Sonos device can be controlled by this app.
If you own a smart speaker like theor any other above-mentioned devices you can control smart features like the AI assistants using this app. For instance, if you use Amazon Alexa the app lets you synchronize your amazon account with the Sonos app. This way you can use both your Sonos speaker and its Amazon Alexa enabled features smoothly.
Connectivity of Sonos with Streaming Apps:
Similarly, Sonos speakers support many streaming services like Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, etc. All of these services can be accessed using this Sonos app. It provides an interface to play music using these services directly through the app. Grouping of Sonos devices and making a Sonos home system is another great feature enabled by the Sonos app. Sonos app is immensely useful and we will now take a deeper look at its features.
The interface of the Sonos controller app is very simple and interactive. On the bottom of the display, you have different tabs that allow you to navigate through the app.
One of the tabs is named “My Sonos” and it contains all your latest, favorites tracks and playlists, etc. Basically, it provides you quick access to different playlists and tracks, etc.
A tab named “Browse” gives you access to your streaming services like Spotify, Deezer, etc. There is also a “Search” tab which you can use to search for music.
There is a tab to manage your rooms, devices, and settings for those rooms and devices. Finally, there is a tab named “Settings” which allows you to manage different accounts and settings for your Sonos speakers.
Easy Setup for your Sonos Speaker
The Sonos app is designed to make the setup of different Sonos devices as simple as possible. It shows all the instructions step by step and the interface is user-friendly.
Connection of Sonos controller app with Speakers:
In order, to set up a Sonos speaker all you need to do is download the app and it will guide you through the process
- Connect your Sonos speaker to power so that it powers up.
- Open the Sonos app and make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. The app will give you a pop up to add a new device. After you press the “Add new device” button the app will ask you to sign in to your Sonos account. If you already have a Sonos account simply login to it otherwise create a new account. This will not take long and you will be ready to go.
- After logging in to Sonos account the Sonos app will automatically start searching for a Sonos device. When it finds your speaker, it will ask you to press the pair button on the speaker. This button has an infinity sign and pressing it will start the pairing process. Some Sonos devices might not have the pairing button. In such devices, the pairing button is a combination of different buttons located on the device. After this, the pairing will be completed in a few seconds.
- After which the app will ask you to choose a room where you will place the speaker in. This feature is particularly useful for making a Sonos home system. You keep adding different Sonos devices in these room groups of the home system.
- Afterward, you can control settings for these individual rooms which is very useful.
- After you select a room for your new speaker the Sonos app will perform an update routine for your speaker.
This updating process might take some time but after it finishes you are ready to use the speaker. You are then directed to select your streaming service and log into it. Once you complete this step you can start streaming music through that streaming service.
The new Sonos S2 App
Sonos has recently released their new and updated Sonos controller app called the Sonos S2 controller. This new app has improved design and supports new features which were not available previously.
Sonos S2 Controller app new features
Higher Resolution Technologies
One of the major features added to the new S2 app is the support for high-resolution video and audio technologies like the Dolby atmos. This feature allows the app to stream music with higher resolution. What this means is that it can send more data to the speakers which result in better sound quality.
Improved Design and Security
Sonos has also focused on improving the design of the app in this update. They have tried to make the app easier to use. They have also made the app faster and smoother for a better user experience. Sonos also claims that its new app is has improved security as they have used better security protocols in the design.
What devices are supported by the S2 app?
It supports most of the Sonos devices but not all of them. So, depending on the model for your Sonos speaker you can choose to upgrade to the new app or keep using the previous app. The previous app is now renamed to the Sonos S1 controller.
Can you use the Sonos app on PC or Mac?
Yes, The versatility of the Sonos app is one of its most valuable features. Most speaker applications are only supported on android and iOS enabled smartphones or tablets but the Sonos app offers compatibility with Windows and Mac OS. This means that you can download the Sonos app on your personal computer, laptop, or MacBook and control your Sonos devices directly through them. Another operating system supported by the Sonos app is Fire OS. Fire OS is used by Amazon devices and it is a great feature that the Sonos app runs on this OS. All of these operating systems are supported by both S1 and S2 controller apps by Sonos.
Connection of Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to the Sonos App:
For Amazon Alexa:
- In order to use Amazon Alexa with your Sonos speaker, you need to link your Amazon account with your Sonos app. To do this head over to the Sonos app and from the settings tab select “Services and Voice”.
- Tap on “add services” and then select Amazon Alexa from the list. You will be redirected to the Amazon Alexa app where you can sign into your Amazon account.
- In the Amazon Alexa app, you will have to enable “Sonos Skill” which will then enable you to discover your Sonos device. After you have setup your device with the Alexa app you can start using the Alexa to control your music.
For Google Assistant:
- Google Assistant can only be used with Sonos speakers which are compatible with Google Assistant. Go to the settings tab in the Sonos app and tap on “Services and Voice”.
- Select Google Assistant and you will be presented with a list of speakers compatible with Google Assistant. Select your speaker and you will be redirected to the Google Assistant app.
- Sign in to your account and the Google Assistant app will run you through a series of simple steps. After this, you can start using Google Assistant with your Sonos speaker.
How to Pair two Sonos speakers and play Multiroom?
Grouping different Sonos devices into rooms is very simple. Go to the systems tab in the Sonos app and either add a speaker into an existing room or create a new room.
This way the speakers in different rooms are paired to form a group. When playing music, you can select the room or group of rooms you want to play through. This is how you access the multiroom functionality of the Sonos products.
How to Reset the Sonos app?
In order to reset the Sonos app head over to the settings tab in the app and then tap the” App preferences” option.
Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the Reset Controller option. Press this option to reset the Sonos controller application.
How was this article helpful? paste your feedback here below comment box.